Hey friends! I just wanted to fill you in on what's been going on. My teammate Matt and I went to our first Brazilian jiu-jitsu practice today. Our new Swedish friend Linus was able to find "gis," the jiu-jistsu uniform, for us to use, which was awesome. We had a great time, and considering the class was in Swedish, it was an advanced class, and we knew very little about jiu-jitsu I think we did alright. I had to rely heavily on the wrestling I knew, which helped me out of the most part, but led to me being choked out a few times. The things we do for Jesus.... It was great to reconnect with Linus, and we'll definitely being seeing more of him in the future. We invited him to the party were putting on on Wednesday, so please be praying he comes. Even if not, I have his gi, so we have to meet up at least one more time. We also met a new friend, David, who wants to train more jiu-jitsu with us in the future, which is super encouraging.
On a rougher note, I have been experiencing some real intense spiritual warfare over the last day or two. Satan's presence is very real here in the form of doubt and apathy, and I've talked to a few of my teammates who have also experienced this. God is so much more powerful than Satan, and I know this, but it can still be very difficult. Be praying that God's power is manifested, and that Satan's grip over this country is crushed. Pray for the presence of the Holy Spirit, both in us and the people we meet here. I've been reading in John, and these verses from chapter 17 really hit me:
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
May his will be done.
In His Grip,
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment