Hey y'all! Sorry if that sounds strange to some you, but when you're on a team with as many southerners as ours its hard for it not to rub off on you at least a little. God has continued to bless our team (even the southerners) and some tremendous things have happened this week, so I want to share a few stories.
On Monday night Matt and I went to our normal jiu-jitsu class, and after that class we were coxed into staying for the next class as well. When we finally left it was after 10pm and we were extremely tired, sweaty, and smelly. If any of you have ever smelled a wrestling room, you know what I'm talking about. If not... well you probably cant imagine. Anyways, as we were walking back to our hostel our friend from class Kash (short for some ridiculous Persian name we can't pronounce) pulled up next to us on his bike. Kash is a intelligent Swedish Persian high school student, whose parents immigrated. We asked him where he lived, and he said by the mosque, which quickly sparked a religious discussion. Kash his Muslim by heritage, but his parents are not religious, and though he believes in God and sometimes prays to Him, he thinks many aspects of Islam are absurd. As we probed him further, we thought it made sense to just flat out explain the Gospel to him. We explained to him what we believe about God's love, sin, and redemption through Jesus' death. He conceded that it all made sense, though at the moment he wasn't interested in it. However, since Kash prays we asked him to try to simply pray that God reveals Himself to him. This is a prayer that God is always faithful to answer, as I have seen in my own life, and I have been praying vehemently that Kash takes this faithful act of prayer. Please pray for him as well, and for us as we follow up with him again next week.
Tonight is an exciting night. Wednesday evening is "outreach night" were we plan fun events to do with our Swedish friends. This week, we're breaking into smaller groups and going out for dinner or to pubs with our friends. Three other guys and I are going to meet four of our Swedish friends at a pub for dinner and I drink. Don't worry, when I say drink I mean one beer for the over 21 crowd, and a Coke or an absurdly low alcohol by volume Swedish cider for me (the drinking age is only 18 here). We've had some great meetings like this already in Sweden, so please pray God uses tonight in big ways for us. Pray especially for our friend Emil, he really seems attracted to us as Christians, and I am constantly praying God does big things with him. That's all for now. See I kept it (kinda) short!
In His Grip,
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment